Wednesday 8 December 2010

Isn't central heating great.

Hi there,

I got thinking this morning as I wearily raised myself from my bed in my nice warm bedroom about when I was a boy.

In my parents house, well bungalow actually, we only had a coal fire in the living
room so the other rooms got very cold. In fact in the morning we had to scrape the frost and ice off the INSIDE of the windows of the bedrooms.

We did in fact have fireplaces in the bedrooms but just after the war we could not afford to keep a fire in all of them. In fact when I was ill one time my father got a shovel and put the living room fire into a bucket and moved it to my bedroom in the evening.

So we are really blessed to have the benefits of central heating in most properties today.

Thought for today:- Do you appreciate the modern appliances we now have?

Joke for today:- Little boy to grandfather: Are you still growing grandpa? No I don't think so. Why? Boy: It's just that the top of your head is coming through your hair

On this day:- December 8th

In 1980 John Lennon was shot dead.

In 1941 Britain Australia and USA declare war on Japan

In 1542 Mary queen of Scots was born and in 1925 Sammy Davis jnr made his first appearance

John F. Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment