Sunday 2 January 2011

Swine Flu

I see from the press that GP's are running out of flu vaccine.

Some critics are blaming the shortage for the fact that figures are showing that significantly fewer people have been vaccinated this time compared to previous years.

My personal experience is that doctors have not been encouraging people to get vaccinated.

In previous years I have received a letter from my GP suggesting that I get vaccinated. This winter ....nothing.

It was only when I visited the surgery on another matter that I realised I hadn't been vaccinated. Even then there was a waiting period.

Still it can be a serious desease for some.

Anyrate let's cheer ourselves up with a joke

Today's joke:- The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is because they have a common enemy.

On this day;- 2nd January

In 1942 Manila fell to the Japanese forces

In 1882 John D. Rockefeller became the second most powerful man in the USA by gaining a stranglehold on the oil industry.

John F.Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment