Saturday 15 January 2011

Could Facebook be better organised?

I decided to try to see if I could contact a long lost friend on Facebook yesterday.

When trying to type in his name I found I could only use the surname and not include his first name.

OK. However I then found over 500 names listed and it isn't a particularly common name!

What was annoying though was that there didn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to the listings.

For example if I had been looking for "Fred Blogs" I would have found several Freds in different places. They would not have been all together.

So with all their wizz kid technology why can't Facebook list people alphabetically using first names?

Probably someone is going to tell me they do but if so my next question would be why can't they simply tell me this!

Let's have a joke:- The first half of your life is ruined by your parents, the second half by your kids. Hey that's not funny!

On this day:- 15th January

In 1973 President Nixon halted the bombing of Vietnam

In 1759 The British Museum opened.

John F.Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment