Thursday 18 June 2009

The tax man cometh

Hi there,

I had my accountant ring up today to make an appointment to see me about my housing account.

The tax man is querying the expenses incurred when I bought a house to rent out in Doncaster in 2006.

This has been going on for ages. The laugh is that because of various purchases I made that tax year I actually made a loss so there is no tax to pay anyrate. Still I suppose it gives them something to do rather than chase after the Members of Parliament who skived off from their expenses. Interesting that quite a few of them have said that they have repaid the money but no one has said anything about paying interest on the amount. Us lesser mortals would be pulled over the coals for this and have to pay hefty fines.
Expect it will all be sorted out. It is only a very minor amount anyrate so I expect the accountants fees will be more. What a life! We are surrounded by control freaks.

Anyrate I had a good swim today and a pleasant walk with my springer spaniel Owen so alls well that ends well.

I haven't done much work on my ezinternettraining com today. I will do some more studying of Ezines and Solo Ads this evening. I mustn't let my enthusiasm wane.

Thought for today: When the going gets tough the tough get going

Joke for today: Why did Cleopatra think she didn't need a psychiatrist? Because she was the Queen of De nial. Boom boom!

On this day: 18th June In 1815 British and Prussian forces finally defeated Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo.
In 1928 Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly the Atlantic. However she was only a passenger on this occasion.

In 1942 Paul McCartney was born. What a great year that was as I was born then too

Catch you later. Have fun

John Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment