Monday 22 November 2010

They are back!

Who?

My fair or rather foul weather friends---the birds!! No pun intended!!

After several weeks of hardly seeing any they are back with a vengeance. All sorts although strangely the blackbirds have not appeared yet.

Yesterday a whole "flock" (I don't think that is the correct term) of starlings between 20 to 30 strong descended on my bird feeder. It looked like a rugby scrum!! Just wish I had my camera handy.

Costing me a fortune in bird food! Still well worthwhile seeing tem.

Thought for today: Are you enjoying nature?

Joke for today:- What would Geronimo shout if he jumped out of a plane?

On this day: 22nd November

In 1963 President Kennedy was assassinated.

In 1718 the notorious pirate Blackbeard was killed

In 1943 Billie Jean King was born and in 1967 Boris Becker enterred the world.

John Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment