Thursday 28 October 2010

Whats in a name?

Hi there

Got thinking about names again today.

When I was at school (back in the dark ages!) we always had nicknames for the teachers and most of our fellow prisoners oops sorry pupils.

In fact I was always called Percy or Perce. I don't know why but even today if I ran into anyone I knew from school they would call me Perce as I don't think they ever knew me as John. Strange isn't it?

Actually if you had a certain surname then you would be likely to be called by the first name associated with that name. For example all Wilsons were called Tug, Clarks were always Nobby, Frosts were Dusty etc.

You don't find that now do you. I wonder why not? Answers on a postcard please!!

Listened to a great Webinar this evening from the six figure mentors group of which I am a member. Very interesting. Will help me with my internet business no end.

Thought for today: What have you learned new today?

Joke for today:- Here's to alcohol-the cause of and the sokution to all of life's problems. Homer Simpson

John Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment