Wednesday 1 September 2010

What is the point of Facebook?

Hi

I have been musing about Facebook and trying to come to ascertain what purpose it serves.

Yes I know it is very popular and it has been very successful (particularly for the owners!!) but why do we use it?

Originally I assume the purpose was to enable friends/relations to keep in touch.

Obviously by posting information oncce then all your contacts can know what you are up to (assuming you want them to know!) and this is very useful. It saves time trying to tell everyone individually.

However look what is happening now.

I'm sure, like me, you are getting lots of requests to be "friends" with people you have never before even heard of.

It is being increasing used as a marketing tool and that is fine by me providing people are open about it.

However to see that Bill Blogs is going to McDonalds for a burger is hardly interesting let alone earth shattering!

If Facebook is to continue in the long term and not be a five minute wonder then people will have to start posting more interesting information.

The other main purpose appears to be to "help" people playing games. Get a life!!

Well I suppose that answers my question. What is the point of Facebook?

To give people pleasure.

I suppose that is probably the best reason ever.

Thought for today:- Are you enjoying life? If not why not? You had better wake up as you don't know how many days you may have left to enjoy your life.

Joke for today:- Life is an open door. It can be closed at any time so don't complain about the draft.

On this day:- 1st September.

In 1939 Germany invaded Po;and

In 1972 Bobby Fischer became the first American world chess champion

John Beaumont internet marketer

No comments:

Post a Comment